I Heart Graffiti


I was walking yesterday to the nau warehouse sale with my Popular friends raving about Portland and how we love being overwhelmed by so many options of things to do on a Sunday. As we crossed over Northwest Broadway we started into a debate about graffiti in PDX and its proper place.  (I of coarse wearing my Jean-Michel Basquiat jacket.)  I won the debate by overwhelming them with graffiti history, siting that schools have classes that teach or discuss it, I raved about the interviews in Parallel Strokes,  name dropped I know someone that knows Banksy, I met fab 5 freddy, and started talking more locally about installations and how they need to see the movie Wild Style. They rebutted by reminding me about the upcoming 8 local PDX cleanups. I still won.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to leave me a comment!