Who is the Local Museum Lady?

This email came to me and I am not sure who it is- I have listed things I have not posted already "Hey all, it's your local museum lady! Oregon Maritime Museum grand reopening: March 21 (free) The Oregon Maritime Museum has been missing for awhile. Normally museums don't go missing, but the Oregon Maritime Museum is aboard the Sternwheeler Portland, normally docked at Waterfront Park between Morrision and Burnside Bridges. I've been trying to get the full story for awhile and now I have it. The ship's engine failed on route to the Columbia Gorge Sternwheeler Festival 9 months ago, so the ship got its much needed overhaul instead of returning to be the museum. But now she's back! And with a free party to boot! So come on down between 11 am and 4 pm, Saturday March 21 for a free celebration. Normal museum hours resume this Wednesday, March 18. xoxo, LML (And here are some events friends have let me know about this week and next) On Friday March 20:
Button it Up book release The lovely Susan Beal has a new book Button it Up! This Friday March 20, she’ll be hosting a book signing and button hairclip making at the main Powell’s Books starting at 7:30 pm. My grandmother always had tins of buttons that I loved to dig through, I love Susan’s idea for this book to give neat old buttons a new life in crafty projects. Love Show – Last Chance With over 200 artists, I’m sure you know someone in this annual art show put on by the Launch Pad Gallery. I missed the opening, so I happy to hear from my favorite velvet painter Juanita (check out her Mr. T bling on her website!), that from 8 to Midnight on Friday March 20 there is a closing party on the First Day of Spring. Olympic Mills Commerce Center – 107 SE Washington. On Wed, March 25: Ryan Jacob Smith curator talk Last year I set up an artist talk for Ryan Jacob Smith at the IPRC. I think it was his artist talk debut, and it was awesome. I’m a big fan of Ryan’s art, style, and person. This month in his curatorial debut, “Long Live the Ephemeral” at Fontenelle Gallery (205 SW Pine), Ryan has gathered together prints, drawing, and paintings from artists across the US who have created album artwork for punk and DIY bands that inspired him to become an artist himself. He’ll also be releasing a show-related zine during this closing show event. 7pm, free. ", writes the LML -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to leave me a comment!