Powerful One Man Show, Opening in PDX

(photo courtesy of Carole Zoom)
I have always been a person that loves to get inside someones head and on March 27th you can join me. Crawling Out of My Skin, Opening in Portland. Bill Alton will be presenting his solo show Lies, Fibs and Fabrications at 7.30pm at L'Eschelon, Pioneer Place 4030, on the 4th floor. Tickets are only $10.

Bill told me, "I want people to walk out the performance knowing the mentally ill can be funny and insightful simultaneously. I want people to know what it's like to live in a world that is never quiet. There are always voices, even when I'm alone. In public, it can be overwhelming. Crowds are almost more than I can handle. Too loud, too hot and people touch me. I want people to know that no matter how messed up I am, I manage to function in the "real" world pretty well. I am not stupid, violent or out of control. Most people with mental illnesses look just like anyone else. We just carry a little extra weight in our heads."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love for you to leave me a comment!